Send Us a Story & Launch Your Adventure!
Enter your best short fiction to WIN Full Tuition* to the 2018 Writers Adventure Camp, PLUS Resort Accommodation** & Publication in SubTerrain Magazine
*If the winner is pre-registered for Writers Adventure Camp she/he will receive a full refund
**Travel Expenses Not Included
“It’s a box left by his father after his father left, his friend says and pauses, and in the pause, the boy realizes they are speaking of things they haven’t spoken of before. Their darkest of common grounds.”
--from “The Arithmetic of Common Ground,” by 2017 winner Scott Randall of Ottawa
The deadline for the third annual Writers Adventure Camp Fiction Contest is 5 pm (PST) Sunday, April 15th, 2018. The winner will be announced on or before May 1st, 2018.
Short list will be selected by Zsuzsi Gartner, Director & Founder Writers Adventure Camp
Final judging is by Eliza Robertson, 2018 fiction faculty
- Send us your best work of short fiction, with a maximum length of 3,000 words. Please use 12 pt type and double spacing.
- Entry fee per submission is $20 (CAD) see How to Pay below
- Multiple entries are welcome
- Entries already published or accepted elsewhere are ineligible (whether in a print or on an online publication or website or personal blog). If an entry is disqualified, the entry fee will not be reimbursed
- The judging will be “blind.” Your name and contact information (including email address) should not appear on the submission, but along with the title on a separate page.
- No entries will be returned.
- The winner will be notified by email on or before May 1, 2018
- The winner will be announced on the Writers Adventure Camp website, Facebook page, and all entrants will receive the announcement by email.
Enter by Email
- Send entries as an attachment to email@example.com
- The subject line should read: Launch my adventure! [followed by] "your entry’s title"
- Entrants must also submit an information sheet as a separate attached file including: Full name; Title of entry; Word count for entry; Mailing address and Email address
- Acceptable file formats: Word (.doc and .docx) or pdf
- Email entries will not be read until entry fee is received [see How to Pay below]
Enter by Regular Mail
- Please attach a separate sheet to your entry with the following information: Your full name; Title of entry; Word count for entry; Your mailing address and email address
- Send entries and entry fee to:
Launch My Adventure Writing Contest
c/o 1842 Venables Street
How to Pay Entry Fee
If you're mailing your entry, please enclose entry fee with it.
If emailing your entry, please mail entry fee, indicating title of submission, or pay by e-Transfer
Entry Fee Payment:
$20 Cheque or Money Order made out to The Point Artist-Run Centre.
Or go to www.thepointartists.com click on Writers Adventure Camp 2018 & follow instructions